Skip to main content

Zaid Railoun

Zaid Railoun holds an MSc (Cum Laude) in Conservation Ecology from the University of Stellenbosch and a Honours in Environmental Science from the University of the Western Cape. His research focused on nutrient cycling and resorption efficiencies of invasive Acacia (Black Wattle) and co-occurring fynbos plants in riparian areas and the subsequent impacts on macroinvertebrate diversity and abundance. This research was done on a greater Water Research Commision project with his good friend (Kenwin Wiener, seen in the picture). 

Zaid has previously worked at Stellenbosch University as a Scientific researcher in the Faculty of Natural Science by writing future proposals for the Department of Animal Science. He's current role is one of a "Research and Development Scientist" at Investment Fund Africa, where he writes and assists in project packaging as well as giving insight into business plans from a Scientific point of view. 

Zaid, enjoys ideation and sees himself as a visionary, he enjoys the outdoor life and is a gym and sport enthusiast.  

Zaid Railoun, MSc Cum Laude

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Megan Simons

Megan Simons holds a MSc (Cum Laude) in Biodiversity and Conservation Biology from the University of the Western Cape. Her research focused on understanding the ecosystem functioning, fire and plant ecology within climatically sensitive with high biodiversity arid and semi-arid Mountain Renosterveld shrublands. She has as previously worked for SANParks as the West Coast National Park Buffer Zone Coordinator under the UNDP/GEF 5 project entitled "Improving Management Effectiveness of the Protected Areas Network"  project which focused expanding the Protected Areas Network and land-use planning to ensure ecological sustainability within the buffer zone. Thus, she was responsible for the consultation and declaration process of a Protected Environment, south of the national park. She recently started working for CapeNature as the Land Use Scientist in which she will provide scientific input on development applications, engage with relevant policy and planning, and identify applic...

Lynné Vigeland

Lynné Vigeland holds a BSc in Biodiversity and Conservation Biology from the University of the Western Cape. She is currently completing her honours in Anthropology at the same institution. Her thesis focuses on the impact of livestock-keeping practices on human and animal well-being, research site Mamre, Western Cape.  Lynné is an avid gardener with a keen interest in plant adaptations and medicinal plant use. She also regularly volunteers at the Cape Flats Nature Reserve on campus.  Lynné Vigeland

Martina Mabuza

I am a young dedicated, committed, goal-driven conservationist. My name is Martina Nonhlanhla Mabuza, I am from Pretoria born and raised in the city but city life was never made for me. I speak four different South African languages. I enjoy working with people and the environment. My other skills are snake handling, environmental education and 303 firearm handler. I have had the opportunities of doing my National Diploma practicals in KZN with Ezemvelo Wildlife where I was taught how to manage and treat wildlife, the ecology of the specific reserves, animal husbandry, administrative works, invasive plant projects and soil erosion monitoring which I found very exciting and fun! I hold a National Diploma as well as a Bachelor's degree in Nature Conservation, both completed in different areas Diploma at Tshwane University of Technology and BTech at Nelson Mandela University, George Campus. Currently, I am working at the West Coast Fossil Park as a Tour Guide/Environmental Educator, I...