Skip to main content

Sinovuyo Ndzekeni

Sinovuyo Ndzekeni holds a National Diploma in Environmental Management from the Cape Peninsula University of Technology. She is currently enrolled for Adv. Diploma in Environmental Management majoring in Water resources management and Environmental Chemistry. 
She is an intern at the Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning (DEA&DP) and involved in various projects and programmes such as the Berg River Water Quality and Monitoring Programmes, Riparian Zone Rehabilitation and Management. She is also serving as a committee member of the IAIAsa Western Cape student branch that bridges the gap between students and working professionals in the environmental industry. 

She is passionate about the response of the rural communities to Climate Change Adaptation and Food security as well as Water Quality and Chemicals Management. 
She enjoys taking water samples for monitoring and assessing water quality and partaking in youth development programmes. 

Sinovuyo Ndzekeni

Sinovuyo Ndzekeni in the field to collect water samples
                                                           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lynné Vigeland

Lynné Vigeland holds a BSc in Biodiversity and Conservation Biology from the University of the Western Cape. She is currently completing her honours in Anthropology at the same institution. Her thesis focuses on the impact of livestock-keeping practices on human and animal well-being, research site Mamre, Western Cape.  Lynné is an avid gardener with a keen interest in plant adaptations and medicinal plant use. She also regularly volunteers at the Cape Flats Nature Reserve on campus.  Lynné Vigeland

Megan Simons

Megan Simons holds a MSc (Cum Laude) in Biodiversity and Conservation Biology from the University of the Western Cape. Her research focused on understanding the ecosystem functioning, fire and plant ecology within climatically sensitive with high biodiversity arid and semi-arid Mountain Renosterveld shrublands. She has as previously worked for SANParks as the West Coast National Park Buffer Zone Coordinator under the UNDP/GEF 5 project entitled "Improving Management Effectiveness of the Protected Areas Network"  project which focused expanding the Protected Areas Network and land-use planning to ensure ecological sustainability within the buffer zone. Thus, she was responsible for the consultation and declaration process of a Protected Environment, south of the national park. She recently started working for CapeNature as the Land Use Scientist in which she will provide scientific input on development applications, engage with relevant policy and planning, and identify applic...

Martina Mabuza

I am a young dedicated, committed, goal-driven conservationist. My name is Martina Nonhlanhla Mabuza, I am from Pretoria born and raised in the city but city life was never made for me. I speak four different South African languages. I enjoy working with people and the environment. My other skills are snake handling, environmental education and 303 firearm handler. I have had the opportunities of doing my National Diploma practicals in KZN with Ezemvelo Wildlife where I was taught how to manage and treat wildlife, the ecology of the specific reserves, animal husbandry, administrative works, invasive plant projects and soil erosion monitoring which I found very exciting and fun! I hold a National Diploma as well as a Bachelor's degree in Nature Conservation, both completed in different areas Diploma at Tshwane University of Technology and BTech at Nelson Mandela University, George Campus. Currently, I am working at the West Coast Fossil Park as a Tour Guide/Environmental Educator, I...